2007-2014 Volume Trash to Mid-Maine Waste – Spread Sheet
The Town of Chatham uses the Lovell Transfer Station, where recycling is mandatory.
Recycling reduces the annual cost you pay through your tax dollars for usage of the transfer station.
Following is a list of what is recycled and also all the other items which are accepted at no cost. Please help reduce the cost we pay for using the transfer station – Recycle!
Hours: Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday 8:00 – 5:00 phone: 925-1300
Items to Recycle: 1.Glass (all mixed colors)
2. Tin Cans, Aluminum cans
3. Plastic’s, #1, and #2 only
4. Cardboard, (corrugated only)
5. Returnable cans and bottles
The above items are handled in the transfer building; PLEASE ask for assistance if needed.
SOLID WASTE ONLY, NO paints, stains, gas, thinners, poisons etc. trash is sent to MMWAC to be incinerated and recycled into power. SAVE $$ remove all but household trash from trailers.
The transfer station also takes:
7. Compost (leaves, grass, garden waste etc) 8. Tires (rims must be removed and separated)
9. Metal (no metal picking allowed) 10. Sheet Rock and plaster
11. Ceramics and Brick 12. Wood (NO!!! Pressure Treated, creosote, remove metal)
13. Waste Oil 14. Newspaper and magazines (no flat board please)
15. Brush and Stumps 16. Electronics (Computers, TV’s, Printers)
17. Light bulbs 18. Demo Trailer, (please check with attendant)
ALL TRAFFIC should PLEASE report to attendant before dumping and have trash separated.
Dump stickers are available from your town clerk.